This course is presented by a certified aromatherapist; it is science-based and research-focused curriculum sourced by current studies and multiple acclaimed textbooks including:
- Tissarand and Young’s Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals
- Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Healthcare by Jane Buckle PhD RN
- Aromatherapy for Health Professionals by Shirley Price
- Medical Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils by Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D.
- The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy by Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D.
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
- Fragrance and Wellbeing: Plant Aromatics and Their Influence on the Psyche by Jennifer Peace Rhind
- The Chemistry of Aromatherapeutic Oils by E. Joy Bowles
- See our full recommended source list here.
Our medical sections (on labor progression disorders, newborn physiology, etc) have been sourced with the same standard as the rest of the academy: over 1000 medical journal articles, 250 books on birth, dozens of modern obstetric textbooks, and every single midwifery textbook published in English in the US, Canada, and the UK since the 1950s.